- Strong overall directional management and clear accountability with workstream leaders.
- We set up a strong organization to prepare future external assurance of sustainability KPIs.
- Barco joined the Science Based Targets initiative, a global movement of leading companies that align their businesses with the most ambitious aim of the Paris Agreement.
Go for sustainable impact
Barco is convinced that sustainable business is good business. That’s why our sustainability strategy is an integral part of our corporate strategy. When deciding how to execute our strategy, we decided to work with respect for the planet, our people and the communities we operate in. For each of these three domains, which we call our sustainability pillars, we defined an overall ambition statement as well as several focus areas. Year after year, our commitment to ‘go for sustainable impact’ becomes more deeply embedded in Barco’s corporate DNA.
- Kick-off of integrated reporting at Barco.
- 2020 materiality assessment: more than 110 stakeholders and 70 Barco leaders participated
- Science-based targets defined (currently under validation) to further solidify our ambitious sustainability goals.
- Full focus on the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees during the covid-19 crisis.
- Upgraded from A to AA in MSCI ESG rating.
- Sustainalytics ranking 3rd out of 110 in the Electronics equipment subindustry.
- We reached the 2020 target to reduce carbon footprint of own operations one year in advance.
- 2020 targets on energy footprint and ecodesign achieved.
- Flagship product releases in 2020 received an A or even A+ ecoscore.
- Barco’s customer Net Promotor Score (NPS) rose from 37 to 47 in 2020, highlighting the increasing satisfaction/loyalty of Barco customers.
- Customer journey managers in each division will support Barco’s transformation towards increased customer centricity.
- Five new e-learning courses on Standards@Work (ethics and compliance) were launched.